We have worked closely with healthcare professionals, industry leaders, participants, staff and others in order to develop the protocols and policies needed to offer our constituents safe access to adaptive programming. The spring and summer of 2020 was a challenging time for all and we are proud to share that when BOEC programs were cancelled due to COVID-19, BOEC’s team rebounded by Recreating Our Recreation. We launched a series of creative and engaging virtual programs including yoga and fitness classes, we created BOEC Educational Shorts on a variety of topics and finally we re-opened for limited in-person programs serving just over 400 participants in a variety of safe, socially distanced, outdoor activities.
With the end of summer we have now moved on to winter program planning with the goal of offering access to adaptive ski lessons through the 2020-2021 season at both Breckenridge and Keystone Resorts. The development of safety protocols and procedures will be our guide for a safe winter of adaptive skiing.
Some things you can expect to see this winter include:
- Daily health screenings
- Face coverings required
- Socially Distant Instructing
- An Evolving Policy
Please refer to the BOEC COVID Operations Manual for additional information.
BOEC will not operate the Adaptive Ski & Snowboard Program at full capacity this winter, in part due to having limited indoor space at both Breckenridge and Keystone Resorts. Advance reservations will be required for lessons at both locations. We will begin taking reservations on October 15th, 2020. Learn more about BOEC’s 2020-2021 Adaptive Ski & Snowboard Operations here.
All BOEC Wilderness overnight programs are cancelled for the 2020-2021 season. We will continue to offer limited in person programs as well as virtual yoga and fitness classes. Learn more about winter Wilderness Program here.
- For questions related to the upcoming winter season, please contact the BOEC Ski Office directly at 970-453-5633 or email us at [email protected].
- For questions related to the Winter Volunteer Program please email Steve Rubin at [email protected].
- Fore questions related to Wilderness Program operations and scheduling, please contact Claire DiCola at [email protected].
- General inquiries are encouraged through BOEC’s main line at 970-453-6422 or toll-free at 800-383-2632 (BOEC). Or you can email us at [email protected].