Your Safety Continues To Be Our First Priority
With the 2021-22 winter season now successfully behind us, we have turned our attention to summer program planning with the goal of offering day and overnight programs for people of all abilities. The development of safety protocols and procedures will be our guide for a great season of summer activities.
BOEC COVID-19 POLICY UPDATES:
As of May 1, 2022, BOEC will continue to encourage all participants to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. However, this is no longer a requirement to participate in BOEC programs.
- There may be camps that will require all participants and persons accompanying participants to be fully vaccinated. Participants will be advised of this requirement at the time of enrollment.
- All BOEC staff and Volunteers are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Masks are no longer required. However, masks are always optional based on personal preference.
- Please refer to our Summer COVID-19 Policy for more information on what to expect this summer.
BOEC COVID-19 MITIGATION MEASURES:
Currently, the BOEC is operating free of COVID-19 mitigation measures, but we continue to monitor the evolving nature of COVID-19. The BOEC reserves the right to require mitigation measures during a surge or other concerning future developments. In addition, mitigation measures may be implemented during specific visits with immune-compromised participants or groups. In the event mitigation measures are implemented, participation will be contingent upon the participant’s ability and willingness to comply with these measures.
PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE NEED FOR MITIGATION MAY ARISE UNEXPECTEDLY. IN SUCH AN EVENT, THE BOEC MAY REQUIRE MITIGATION MEASURES THAT COULD INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Pre-arrival negative COVID-19 test results.
- N-95/KN95 quality mask when indoors and in vehicles
- N-95/KN95 quality mask when in close proximity to others outdoors
- Social distancing
- Public Health Orders
Participants and families must be able to accommodate personal medical needs if a participant or someone in their party becomes ill during their trip. Please be advised that this could include working directly with local health care providers and other services for medical care.
Please refer to the BOEC COVID-19 GENERAL MITIGATION PLAN & ENROLLMENT GUIDELINES for full mitigation policy.
BOEC is committed to operating all facilities and programs in a manner that provides a safe place for BOEC participants, staff and volunteers. The development of safety protocols and procedures will be our guide for a great season of summer activities. The BOEC Summer Operations Manual provides updated policies and procedures intended to mitigate risk and reduce potential exposures to and spread of COVID-19 during BOEC programming. The information presented is consistent with the health and safety recommendations by the CDC as well as the State of Colorado and Summit County Public Health Departments. BOEC’s policies and procedures meet or exceed guidelines set forth by these three agencies and will be reviewed and updated as needed. Staff and volunteers will be trained on all new policies as they evolve.
Please contact us with questions and general inquiries:
- For questions related to Summer Wilderness Program operations and scheduling, please contact us at [email protected].
- For questions related to Summer Volunteer opportunities, please contact Emma Gilroy at [email protected].
- General inquiries are encouraged through BOEC’s main line at 970-453-6422 or toll-free at 800-383-2632 (BOEC). You may also email us at [email protected].