Scott Griffith Lodge
In the early 2000’s, local Breckenridge residents Richard and Ann Griffith – and their Griffith Foundation – agreed to make a donation that eventually totaled over $400,000 for the construction of the “Scott Griffith Lodge,” now BOEC’s 6,000 square-foot facility on the BOEC Program Site. The Lodge was rededicated as the Scott Griffith Lodge in July 2005 in memory of their son who died of cancer at the age of 27. The Lodge helped to “change the face” of BOEC, not only by providing a facility better suited for populations with more severe disabilities, but also by providing a much-needed logistics center, a staff office, garage, and a source of revenue in the off seasons.
Overlooking the Old Town Reservoir (Sawmill Reservoir) and surrounded by public lands, BOEC’s Scott Griffith Lodge is a very special place, indeed. One can stand on the veranda and watch the sun sink into distant peaks, listen to the soft murmur of Sawmill Creek and enjoy the tranquility of a private lake. The Lodge is a stone’s throw from the slopes of the Breckenridge Ski Resort and just minutes from Main Street, Breckenridge.
Scott Griffith Lodge Rentals
- Small Living Room/Meeting Room
- Full Kitchen Combined With Large Dining Area
- Atrium/Sun Room
- Bedroom 1: 3 Bunk Beds, Sleeps 6 People
- Bedroom 2: 3 Bunk Beds, Sleeps 6 People
- Bedroom 3: 1 Queen, 1 Bunk Bed, Sleeps 4 People
- 5 Full Bathrooms (1 Roll-In-Shower)
- Large Deck
- Bedroom 4: 2 Queens, Sleeps 4 People
- 1 Full Bathroom
- Loft Area: 1 Bunk Bed, Sleeps 2 People
- Coffee Maker
- Dinnerware, Glassware & Cooking Utensils to Serve 30
- Flat Screen TV with DVD Player & Basic Cable
- Cleaning: You can expect fresh linens, towels and a Lodge “touch-up” every five days of consecutive rental. Daily maid service during your stay is not available. Basic cleaning supplies and a vacuum will be available for your use.
- Linens: Linens and blankets are provided for each bed. Cold sleepers should plan on bringing additional bedding. Towels are also provided. Laundry facilities are not available in the Lodge.
Close to Skiing & Lifts
- The Lodge is less than 100 yards from the trail leading down to Breckenridge Ski Resort’s Snowflake Lift. On this trail, guests can ski down to the lift – that includes lift ticket sales – and then ski home at anytime during the day to the Lodge, located just below the “C” lift area (there is a short walk involved).
- The main level of the Lodge is wheelchair accessible. The queen bed and bottom twin of each bunk bed are also accessible for a total of 8 accessible beds. The main level bathrooms have hand held showers, shower chairs and one tub slider shower chair. One main level bathroom has a roll-in shower. The upper level is not accessible as stairs are utilized.
Rental Rates & Information
All listed rates are per night rates based on a maximum occupancy of 22 people. Lodging tax (12.275%) is not included in these rates but will be added to each booking.
$1100/night during High Season $950/night during Regular season
Minimum stay of three nights lodging during High season and two nights during Regular season.
Discounts available on rentals lasting six nights or longer.
Add on large party fee for weddings and large groups of $650
(Note: Due to BOEC program use, the Lodge is available for weddings primarily in September and October.)
Booking Procedures: Call the BOEC office at 970-453-6422 to check for available dates and to book your reservation for the lodge.
1) A one-night deposit is due within 14 days of booking.
2) Final payment is due 30 days prior to your arrival.
3) Full payment for Christmas reservations is due by November 15.
Cancellation/Refund Policy: If a reservation is cancelled more than 60 days prior to arrival will receive a 100% refund. If they cancel between 15 and 60 days before check-in, they’ll get back 50%. No refunds will be issued for reservations cancelled within 2 weeks of arrival.
Security Deposit: A $500 security/damage deposit is required for each reservation. This deposit will be used to cover major damages to and missing items from the lodge. A credit card number will be taken to cover damages above and beyond the $500 security deposit. The security deposit will be mailed back to you within 14 days of your departure less any damages.
Directions: From Main Street, Breckenridge, go West on Ski Hill Road. Turn left on South Park Street, then take the first right on Four O’clock Road. Turn left on Kings Crown Road. Turn right on Snowflake Rd. (Follow green BOEC/Griffith Lodge signs). Make two more right turns, first on Westridge, then on Snowy Ridge Rd under the big wood bridge. The road continues past some nice homes to the Scott Griffith Lodge.
Scott Griffith Lodge
The main floor has three bunk-style bedrooms, a TV room, sunroom, mudroom, and spacious kitchen/eating area. This level is fully accessible including a roll-in shower. Upstairs is large loft area perfect for group meetings of overflow sleeping area. There is also a master bedroom upstairs with 2 queen size beds. In total, there are 19 beds within the unit.
Ski in/ Ski out access is just over 100 yards away from the lodge. You can easily ski down to the Snowflake lift avoiding the longer lift lines at the mountain bases.