BOEC Rock Climbing Challenge – Swan Mountain
July 30 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm| Free
BOEC Rock Climbing Challenge – Thursday, July 30
10:00am to 1:00pm for 12-20-year-olds (Limit 10)
WHAT: After instruction from BOEC staff you will spend the day rock climbing and enjoying the views of Lake Dillon while we climb. This area provides climbing opportunities for both first time climbers wanting to gain confidence and basic skills up to more experienced climbers looking to step up their outside climbing skills.
WHERE: Parking lot off Swan Mountain Road, turn at the intersection for access to Prospector Campground. The parking lot is 3.1 miles from the Summit County High school. To access climbing area, we will hike in about 1/3 mile.
This event is limited to 10 participants. Presented free of charge by generous sponsors for Summit County residents only.
What to bring:
- Long pants and closed toe shoes required
- Masks required for the entire time while rock climbing
- Warm sweatshirt or fleece as it is cool in the shade at 10,000ft.
- Personal water bottle
- Your own hand sanitizer (we will provide it too but we would love if you had your own bottle)
BOEC will provide:
- Harness, helmets and all climbing equipment
- Instruction and supervision
- Additional hand sanitizer
- Mobile hand washing station
- Additional masks if you forget yours
- Bathrooms are limited but can accessed if necessary
- Transportation to/from Swan Mountain can be pre-arranged.
Advance registration and a waiver signed by an adult/legal guardian is required for all activities. Interested individuals must register through Building Hope by visiting https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-hype-swan-mountain-rock-climb-tickets-111438112394.