BOEC Rock Climbing & Paddle Board: Ages 14-20
June 30 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm| Free
11:00am to 2:00pm for 14-20-year-olds (Limit 7)
After instruction from BOEC staff we will start with Rock Climbing on our outdoor climbing wall. This wall has two sides so you can choose the amount of challenge you want. After tiring yourself out climbing we will have some paddle boards set up to take out on our lake. This is a great day anyone who is looking to try a new activity, learn about the basics of climbing and belaying as well your first time on a paddle board.
Advance registration and a waiver signed by an adult/legal guardian is required for all activities. Interested individuals must register through Building Hope by visiting https://linktr.ee/buildinghope.
What to bring:
- Closed toe shoes required for rock climbing, any shoe you don’t mind getting wet will work for paddle boarding.
- Masks required for the entire time on the climbing wall
- Warm sweatshirt or fleece as it is cool in the shade at 10,000ft.
- Personal water bottle
- Snacks or a lunch
- Your own hand sanitizer (we will provide it too but we would love if you had your own bottle)
BOEC will provide:
- Harness, helmets, PFD’s, and all climbing and paddle board equipment
- Instruction and supervision
- Additional hand sanitizer
- Mobile hand washing station
- Additional masks if you forget yours
- Rest room available at the Griffith Lodge